Note: Are you using Magento 1.9? Check out this article!
This article consists of 4 parts:
- Filling in your basic Magento data
- Creating an Integration in Magento
- Setting up the right resource access in Magento
- Activate the integration
To start connecting Magento 2.x to Datatrics, head over to app.datatrics.com/channel, find Magento and click "Integrate". You will find the fields below:
1. Filling in your basic Magento data
We need you to fill in 5 values:
- URL: This is the URL of your webshop. Example: "https://mywebshopURL.com"
- Version: Here you can select whether you are using "version 1.9 and below" or "2.0 and higher". Since you are following the 2.0 guide, select this option.
- Admin URL: Here you fill in the admin URL of your webshop. Example: "https://mywebshopURL.com/example"
Make sure you do not add "/" to the end of the admin URL. This often causes the connection to fail.
- Username: The (admin) username you use to login to your Magento Admin panel.
- Password: The (admin) password you use to login to your Magento Admin panel.
2. Creating an Integration in Magento
Navigate to your Magento Admin Panel by going to your Admin URL and log in using your username and password. Please navigate to Settings > Integrations:
Please click on the big orange "Add New Integration" button on the top right corner. You should now be on this page:
Please enter a unique name for the integration, like "Datatrics" and enter your password in the lowest field for current user identity verification. After this, click the orange "Save" button on the top right corner.
3. Setting up the right resource access in Magento
You are now back at the Integration overview page, please click the edit icon for the integration you just created:
Head over to API on the left basic settings tab and select "Custom" as the Resource Access:
Over here, you need to check the following resources:
- Sales > Operations > Orders > Actions > View, with this resource we can gather conversions.
- Catalog > Inventory > Products, with this resource we can gather your products.
- Catalog > Inventory > Categories, with this resource we can gather your categories.
- Customers > All Customers, with this resource we can gather your customer profiles.
- Stores > Settings > All Stores, with this resource we can gather information about your store configuration. If you have multiple stores, we can map this.
- Stores > Settings > Configuration > Inventory Section, with this resource we can gather information about the stock of your products.
- Stores > Attributes > Product, with this resource we can gather product attributes, like images and descriptions.
Click the orange "Save" button in the top right corner, enter your password, and click the same "Save" button again.
4. Activate the integration
The last step of setting up this integration is activating it. After saving in the previous step you should be in the overview below, please click the "Activate" text behind the integration you were just editing:
You will now see an overview of the resources you just selected. Please click the orange "Allow" button in the top right corner.
You will now see an overview like this:
Please copy the consumer key, consumer secret, access token and access token secret and paste them in the Connect Magento page in Datatrics where you already added your basic information in step 1:
Now select the Magento order statuses that count as a conversion below these fields and click the "Save Settings" button below that.
The connection will now be established. It may take several hours to load the data (especially if you have a lot of products to be synched).
Having issues even though you followed every step in this article? Check out this article for common issues and their solutions!